Tuesday, December 5, 2017

December Goals


Goals for December (ignore the horrible formatting!)

Pugtato
 

Goals for December
Me
1.        Soft elbows (as soft as I want his jaw to be)
2.        Praise more often at smaller tries (especially around others)!
3.        1 lesson (December 8th)
4.        Research whether it is required in 2018 to ride in dressage saddle at 1st level (I heard this change was made, but I want to confirm before I freak out about how poor I’m about to be)
5.        Register with: WPCSA, RMDS, and send in breed paperwork to USDF

 
Gavin
 
1.        Continue growing out mane
 
2.        Research skin/coat supplements
 
3.        Stick Gavin
 
4.        Confirmation pics on second Saturday

 
 
Gavin/Me 
1.        Transitions – trot-walk-trot, trot-canter-trot, walk-canter
2.        Lateral work
a.       Leg yields from the quarter line – 2 strides with lateral, 2 strides forward, 2 strides lateral, etc.
b.       Shoulder in on the circle
c.        Shoulder-in down the rail
                                       i.      Walk
                                     ii.      Trot
1.       Use 10 m circle to go into shoulder in
3.        Have someone video the lateral work (specifically shoulder-in as I have a hard time knowing if my angle is right)

2 comments:

  1. Good goals! I hope you don't need to buy a new saddle right away

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve heard good things about straight up Biotin for hair and coat, and it’s (relatively) cheap I think. Might be a good one to include in your research :-)

    ReplyDelete