Friday, October 7, 2016

Thou Shalt

I've been working on coming up with my equestrian code.  Just something to help guide me in daily decision making and behavior at the barn.  The reason I chose to do this was because I tend to be very hard on myself to the point where I don't enjoy things, pretty demanding of Gav when I may just not be "explaining" a concept to him quite right, and sometimes I just feel downright lost in my equine pursuits. 

Relaxing after our first cross country outing


So far, I've come up with three commandments that I believe can hold true to me on any horse day of the week.  I think the Olde English helped ;)

1) Thou shalt enjoy thine sport (for thou doth not have enough time or money to rain dolla billz on a hobby thou doth not enjoy)

2) Thou shalt focus on thineself and thine position before nagging the mount (thine legs and core must be stable, solid, and engaged before you can expect the same from thine equine brethren)

3) Thou must shower thine mount with praise and affection for he art a living beings who thrives on such things.

First trip to the cross country course

Does anyone have any rules they live by with horses?  :)

4 comments: