I managed to drag my sad self to see my pony this afternoon which I knew would be therapeutic once I got out there. And of course, it was! He was shedding like a mofo, which is great because he has the coat of a wooly mammoth. It was beautiful out, but I rode indoors because the outdoor was packed with people. When I started off there was only one lady riding, but after about 15 minutes the wind pushed 5 other riders into the arena. This is not my forte. I get uncomfortable and just sort of unable to focus. But hell, I need to get over it! I decided to make lemons out of lemonade and work on transitions and working on the straightaways (something we need to work on any ways). Gavin was really good (once I settled down - yes, me - after everyone else came in) except for one spook that turned into a buck at I'm not even sure what. Everyone was in good spirits and it wound up being fun. I also got the opportunity to take selfies in one of the mirrors. :)
The thing that really made my day though, was I was talking to a lady after we were done riding and I mentioned the spook/buck thing and she told me not to worry - that she thought we looked great and that she was jealous watching us go. I was just beside myself. It was so nice to hear that!
I'm going to end today with 5 positive things that happened this weekend:
- Spend quality time with my mom and family, and my boyfriend and his family
- Have relaxation time this afternoon - long enough to watch the latest episode of Girls, instagram these pics ;) and write this here blog
- My pony relaxed on the straightaway after a few reminders that this wasn't some trotting cob race
- It was beautiful out, and my boy is shedding
- Tomorrow the new guy who is taking my old position starts at work. I'm excited to really start my new job at my company.
Hell - I fit more than 5 good things in there, which I'm pretty sure means life is good.
|Gavin after his post-ride roll|