Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Sickness Runs Rampant

So, I've been MIA for a little while, but not without good cause.  Last week and this week are my busiest times at work, and though that normally would put a little damper on things, what really killed me this weekend was that I became disgustingly, deliriously ill.

Of course it didn't happen until Friday night while at dinner with my boyfriend's family.  I knew my stomach felt raw, but while I sat at the table not touching any of the delicious food that sat before me I started thinking "I'm going to puke all over this table… wait… no I'm not… yes, yes I am".  After a few minutes of this I decided to go lay down, and soon after we went home.  And that's when shit got reaaaaaaal.

No one wants to hear this, but it's a little fun to tell - so I'm going to tell it anyways.  I barfed, and barfed, and barfed.  Disgusting.  I barfed when there was nothing left to barf.  My boyfriend was a champion and laid on the couch with me (in between barf sessions), and told me I looked pretty and that my voice was sexy (gravely from all the barfing).

The next day, I had the optimistic notion that I'd go *watch* my horse be ridden since I couldn't participate in the lesson.  Ha!  What a joke.  I wound up feeling worse and worse, and my boyfriend finally took me (three sweatshirts on, crackers in hand) to an urgent care place.  I wound up getting IV fluids and some sort of IV anti-nausea stuff.  Basically, I was just crazy dehydrated (did I mention the intense vomiting?) which caused really low blood pressure and didn't help my stupid fever.


The silver-lining of all this illness was that I got a sweet pic out of the deal (I look miserable because I was trying to ham it up, but I look like shit because I really felt like shit).  After the anti-nausea medication had kicked in, I had the great sense (and sense of humor) to get my boyfriend to take this lovely photo.  I tried desperately to convince him to send it to my mom with some ominous text like "Erika isn't doing well, took her to hospital" or post in on Facebook with something silly like "Erika is fading fast, prayers please".  He wouldn't do either of these things, but did post it on Facebook to just let peeps know that I was sick, and was badass enough to get an IV without crying, or flinching, or making any fuss at all (all the puking took the fight out of me).

I can't just post a picture of me looking awful, and a blog about me puking - so here's a cute picture of my monkeydog sunbathing Monday morning (he always finds the beam of sunlight and sits down and enjoys).  Oh, what a life.  :)




6 comments:

  1. Scary! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better soon!
    Puppy is adorable - would love his life :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel much better, thanks!
      And thanks! I'll pass your compliments along to him ;)

      Delete
  3. Poor you! I hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god I felt sorry for myself! :) But I'm feeling 100% now!

      Delete