Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Magical Color Bright Unicorn Blog Hop: Appreciating what you've got

I love the idea of this blog-hop, and L is absolutely right -- we do nitpick, and when we nitpick - we don't totally enjoy.  Being in full time training with Gav has definitely turned on my need-to-fix radar, but it has also showed me how hard my guy will work and what I love most about him.  So here's a little list of things I love about Gavin.

Gavin's nose hunting for a sugar

  1. I love Gavin's sweetness
  2. I love that Gavin also turns his head and peers at me with his big, sweet eyes when I'm cinching up the girth.
  3. I love Gavin's build - small, but powerful
  4. I love Gavin's gaits - especially his beautiful canter, oh how I long to perfect you
  5. I love that he's always willing to try
  6. I love that Gavin is a pretty fast learner (sometimes outpacing me in the learning department)
  7. I love that he isn't particularly spooky or hot (I have a hard time dealing with that)
  8. I love that he is so cute that people comment on it... A LOT
  9. I love that when I let him loose in the indoors he likes to go stand at the mirror and stare at himself the whole time (Gavin - you're so vain!)
  10. I love that he loves me back  :)
Awww - this blog-hop just gave me a bunch of warm fuzzies for my pony.  :)  Can't wait to go see him tonight!

10 comments:

  1. I tend to be a super harsh critique and its totally unfair to my horse, hence the bloghop! Glad you got the warm fuzzies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a theory that most riders are a little bit on the control-freaky-deaky side, and with that comes a certain level of perfectionism. We're probably all a little too hard on our ponies and ourselves. It's nice to step back and be happy for a minute or two!

      Delete
  2. So I totally just found your blog...and I just have to say that pug lovin' dressage people are pretty swell ( I, too ride dressage and own a pug and a schug)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's awesome! WHAT is a schug (schnauzer/pug?)? I have got to see pics of that!

      Delete
  3. Awww what a great list!!! I love vain horses who like to check themselves out in the mirror hehe. My horse hasn't seen a mirror yet, but he's seen his reflections in doors/windows and he always puffs himself up hehehe. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so strange how some of them react! Some are always afraid, some don't give a shit, and some (like our guys) get impressed by themselves (or maybe just curious... I can't tell).

      Delete
  4. Nawww - warm fuzzies & pony love are the best!

    ReplyDelete